1. Travel Protection Insurance - Seastar Vacations has partnered with CSA Travel Protection and Insurance to offer our guests Travel Protection Insurance. With Travel Protection, you will be covered before and during your trip. Should you have a major medical issue or experience trip interruption due to unforeseen developments such as illnesses, natural disasters, etc… you may be covered by contacting CSA through their claim process. Guests may purchase Travel Insurance up to 30 days prior to arrival or before final balance has been charged. However, guests opting not to purchase the Travel Insurance, please be aware that no refunds will be available; therefore your trip investment will be lost. The Travel Protection Insurance fee is non-refundable.
2. Cancellation – Cancellations made more than 30 days prior to arrival will result in a loss equal to the advance payment. Guests covered under the CSA Travel Protection and Insurance program may be exempt from this loss if the reason for cancellation is covered under the policy. The travel insurance fee is always non-refundable. Cancellations within 30 days of arrival, no shows or early departures after check-in will result in a loss or a loss of full payment. The loss can be avoided if CSA Travel Protection and Insurance was purchased and the reason for cancellation is covered under the travel insurance policy. If guest has to shorten their stay or change their unit within 30 days of arrival, normal cancellation penalties will apply.
3. Inclement Weather - Cancellation or early departure due to any inclement weather does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit.
4. Check-in Time - Check-in time is after 4:00 P.M. CST, with most units ready by 5:00 pm. From time to time access to your unit may be delayed further. Your patience will be appreciated in these circumstances, but no discount will be offered due to a late check in. We do not guarantee a 4 o’clock check-in. Early check-ins, if available, requires special arrangements and may be offered for an additional fee. Check-out time is 10 A.M. No late check-outs allowed. If you have not checked out by 10:00 a late fee will be charged of $195.00.
5. Advance Payment - At the time of booking an advanced payment is required to confirm your reservation. The advance payment will be $300 or 25% of balance, whichever is greater plus travel insurance, if purchased. The travel insurance is optional and provides you with protection from unexpected events before and during your stay (see Travel Protection Insurance below). The advance payment does apply towards your rent. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
6. Rental payment - All reservations, unless otherwise noted at time of booking, must be paid in full thirty (30) days prior to the arrival date. Certain units and monthly reservations may allow final payment upon arrival. Your payment policy will be reviewed during the booking process. Your credit card on file will be billed for any unpaid balance on the date full payment is due if you have not made other arrangements by the due date. Final payment must be made 30 days prior to arrival and may be made by traveler’s check, bank money order, cashier’s check, cash or Credit Cards (MC, VS and DS). Reservations that are not paid in full by the final payment date will be cancelled and advance payment forfeited.
7. DAMAGE WAIVER FEE - A Damage Waiver Fee is included in the gross rental rate. This is a non-refundable fee that will cover each RENTAL PERIOD for up to $800.00 worth of accidental damage. Accidental damage MUST be reported to management during your stay to be considered accidental. Missing items are never considered accidental damage and will be subject to guest charge at replacement cost. Intentional damage of any amount is not covered under this policy and will be dealt with through conventional means of charging the guest's credit card for the amount of the damages at replacement cost. We respectfully request that you remember you are staying in someone else's unit. Please give it the care and respect that you would give your own home, or better. Linens are furnished. However, please bring your own beach towels and beach blankets, as linens are not to be removed from the unit. Guests will need to provide their own paper items and cleaning supplies. An initial set up of trash can liners, toilet paper is provided. Extra items needed are the responsibility of the guest. If linens or towels are found to be ruined, guests will be charged for the loss of linens/towels. Please keep in mind that make-up stained, suntan oil soiled, and dyed linens are considered ruined.
8. All keys, pool tags, gate cards, amenity cards…. are left in the condo or home (There will be a minimum $90.00 non-refundable and non-negotiable fee for each key or card).
All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
Cancellation policies are correctly followed.
9. Pets - Pets are strictly prohibited in most of our units. We do have a minimum number of pet friendly units, and this request must be made at time of booking. Registered guest will be responsible for any pet damages or extra cleaning that is required. Pets are absolutely not permitted in non-pet friendly units; with the exception of service animals with proper paper work.
10. Barbeque Grills - Some properties are equipped with barbeque grills. Please use caution when grilling.
11. Age Requirements – NO RESERVATIONS will be accepted for vacationing students or singles under the age of 21 (Some HOA’s and complex’s do require a min age of 25 to rent. Guests are responsible for checking on age requirements prior to making a reservation)unless accompanied by a parent or guardian at a ratio of 1 parent/guardian over the age of 21 for every 3 persons under 21. The parent or guardian must stay in the unit each night. Any reservation made under false pretenses will be subject to forfeiture of advance payments of rent and deposit. Further, the party will either not be permitted to check in or will be asked to vacate the unit.
12. Unit Assignments - We reserve the right to change unit assignments. When you confirm your reservation, unit requests will be taken, and a unit type will be assigned. Although all efforts will be made to honor your request, no unit request is guaranteed.
13. MAINTENANCE / HOUSEKEEPING - Maintenance calls attributable to the tenants will be charged to the tenants. Owner or agent designated by owner may enter premises to make repairs (we will coordinate with tenants except in the event of an emergency situation). TV’s, Appliances, A/C’s, Internet or any items of an electrical or mechanical nature are not guaranteed. Repairs will be made as soon as possible. However, failures will not result in refunds or adjustments.
14. Maximum Occupancy - The maximum number of guests per unit is based on the individual unit’s ability to comfortably and safely accommodate our guests. If maximum occupancy is exceeded, you will be asked to vacate the property and forfeit any rental payments and/or deposits.
15. Minimum Stay Requirements - Most of our properties require a minimum stay of 3 nights. Longer stays may be required during peak seasons and holidays.
16. Cleaning Fee - Most rental units require a one-time departure clean fee to be paid by the guest. The clean fee will be applied to each unit booked. If you are staying more than one month in the same rental unit the fee will only be charged once, upon arrival. The clean fee will cover all normal cleaning required after your departure. However, if check out requirements such as the removal of all trash from the dwelling, dishes placed in dishwasher and cycle started, pots or pans washed are not met, or other excessive cleaning is required, additional cleaning fees may be incurred. Guest must notifiy the management company within 1 hour of checkin of any dissatisfaction with cleaniness of unit.
17. Linen/Maid Service - Daily maid service is not included in the rental rate but is available upon request for a fee. We suggest you bring beach towels, as we do not permit towels, blankets or sheets to be taken from the unit except for laundering.
18. Articles left by guests - will be returned to the guests when found. There will be a return postage charge paid by the guests for the return of any article.
19. Violation of Policies and Rules - Violation of our policies or those of the Home Owners Association by a guest will result in eviction and the forfeiture all monies paid including but not limited to the deposit. Seastar Vacations reserves the right to refuse future reservations to any guest who has violated our rental polices and rules in the past.
20. Exceptions - Management must approve any exceptions to the above-mentioned policies in writing, in advance. Seastar Vacations, and Platinum Properties Management are an agent of the property owner.
21. Rates - All published rental rates are subject to change without notice. Please understand a rate is not confirmed until a reservation payment is made. We reserve the right to correct rates that may have been misquoted due to human and/or computer error.
22. Parking- If you are bringing a boat trailer, over-sized vehicle, jet ski, more than one vehicle or a boat, you must notify our office to make sure the complex you are staying can accommodate you.
23. There are Spring Break conditions for college students. They are as follows:
1. Phone numbers of parents have to be on file.
2. Min. of 2 visits during your stay by one of our staff members.
3. If problem are observed during the staff's visit guests will be asked to leave - no refund.
4. Any calls regarding a Spring Break guests actions, noise, disrespect towards other guests or towards the property the guests will be asked to leave - no refund.